SUMMARY: Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation (YDWN) is a federally recognized sovereign nation. YDWN defines and governs its own affairs as a partner with the U.S. government and the State of California. YDWN has the responsibility and determination to provide for its people and to work within its own government, legal and cultural systems to preserve the independence and strengthen its nation. YDWN oversees all issues related to its economic development, cultural renewal, community giving and the health and wellness of the Tribe.
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with the YDWN Finance Department, the Accounting Manager tracks all Property Farm & Ranch (PF&R) department related revenue and expenditures, budgets, cost management, asset management, and financial accounting including the financial and fixed asset reporting; payroll; and accounts payable. This position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, and prepares financial reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on the areas of skill and assignment, employee may perform any of the following duties:
- Achieves departmental operational accounting objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and complets action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determines system improvements; implements change.
- Meets departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assists director and managers in preparing annual budgets; schedules expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinates the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepares special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defines accounting policies and procedures.
- Researches and interprets accounting policy; applies observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommends new procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Expands job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs general farm, ranch, wholesale and retail accounting functions.
- Generates sales invoices and billings.
- Tracks collection of receivables.
- Calculates, monitors and tracks inventory for wholesale, retail, farm and ranch operations.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares sales and exercise tax returns.
- Generates various departmental accounting financials and sales reports.
- Reviews and improves accounting internal controls relating to expanding farm, ranch, wholesale and retail operations.
- Prepares biweekly PowerPoint presentations for Seka Hills operations
- Prepares Wine Premise Operation 5120.17 Form and State and Federal Excise Tax Forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication and Comprehension Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Individuals must be able to successful pass the Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) Background Check and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, or walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Conditions of Employment
Must have the ability to travel up to 5% of the time. Must be able to work with diverse population and with cultural sensitivity. Must be willing to sign the Tribe’s Non-Disclosure, Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Agreement. Recognizes and maintains confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Agricultural Related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.rudemonk.com.