Yumi Ice Cream Co., Inc.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) and Territory Sales Relief (TSR) provide world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) service to all channels of customers. The TSM and TSR identifies and acts on selling opportunities, makes secondary placements, gains extra displays, uses Point of Sale (POS), and makes effective sales presentations through use of sales data. The TSM and TSR build the customer relationship, leverages standardized work practices, achieves operational standards, follows safety requirements and contributes to a positive team atmosphere.
- Drive revenue growth within assigned sales territory by maximizing Direct Store Delivery sales strategy to grow brand/product revenue, market share, and profit.
- Identify and act on selling opportunities, respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use POS, make effective sales presentations, make effective use of sales data.
- Create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts, communicate with staff during service calls, respond to customer requests, maintain relationships with customers to support selling activities, key store managers know your name.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the Yumi best practices that apply to the position.
- Adhere to route schedule, properly orders authorized product, maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic, manage out of stocks, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, execute promotional displays, use appropriate labor, maintain company-owned equipment, properly handles paperwork.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements and proactively addresses any unsafe conditions observed.
- Prepare paperwork and actively participates in 1:1 meeting, taking ownership for the meeting; incorporates opportunities identified, responds to work-with coaching, contributes to team meetings.
- Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, maintains an open mind.
- Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly shares ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, trains new employees when applicable.
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Acts to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended period.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
- Communication – presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization.
- Location: Work is performed 90% indoors, and 10% outdoors while operating personal vehicle between customer locations.
- Hazards: Slippery surfaces; wet & icy, exposure to cold, cuts, pinch points and overhead obstacles in freezers, moving equipment and normal traffic hazards while operating personal vehicle.
- Equipment Used: Hand truck, pallet jack, wheeled cart/rack, knife, hand-held computer and personal vehicle.
- Safety Equipment: Gloves.
- Standing/Walking: Constantly, while performing duties in retail customer locations; walking, up to 1-2 miles per shift on concrete or tiled surfaces.
- Sitting: Occasionally (20%), while operating personal vehicle between customer locations, can be subject to heavy traffic
- Push/Pull: Occasionally, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart.
- Bending/Twisting: Frequently, at waist 30 – 45 degrees; while loading/unloading items from carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while stocking of freezer display shelves or off loading of pallets at floor level.
- Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to ensure safe operation of vehicle, and performing essential functions at retail
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 3-4 times daily.
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent / a four-year degree from an accredited college, preferred or – 2 or more years of experience in a business environment.
- Must have a valid Class C driver’s license with a minimum of 5 years driving experience. Must have a clean driving record.
- Successful completion of post offer background check, MVR, drug screen, physical, physical abilities test.
- Must have a dependable vehicle with valid vehicle insurance.
- Experience in the DSD/Consumer Package Goods industry, strongly preferred.
- Outside sales experience.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with territory, markets, and customers.
- Time and territory management abilities.
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours.
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required.
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays.
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to use computer ordering equipment.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations.
- Ability to travel as needed in the Territory Sales Relief position.
- Adhere to Company Dress Code (No visible tattoos or body piercing).
- Smoke Free Environment. Smoking and or other tobacco use are prohibited.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- driving: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.